Kevin B. Hicks
Systems and DevOps Engineer
A high performance, versatile systems and DevOps engineer with experience developing strategies and implementing solutions in companies undergoing extraordinary growth. Diverse experience in hardware/software, systems development, cyber security, networking, and customer service augmented by the ability to identify and solve complex business challenges through creative applications of technology. Recognized as a highly motivated, disciplined team player with excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
Ubuntu, CentOS, VMware ESXi, Red Hat, Windows Server 2016, Windows 7 and 10, pfSense, Kali Linux, FreeNAS, Citrix XenServer.
Applications and Tools
AWS, HashiCorp Vault, Terraform, Packer, Consul, Jenkins, Chef, Icinga 2, MySQL, VMware vSphere and Workstation, Active Directory, Group Policy, SaltStack, Apache HTTPD, Nginx, Graylog, Oracle VirtualBox, Google G Suite administration, GitLab, Burp Suite, POP3/IMAP/SMTP, SSH, rsync, AES, RSA, Diffie-Hellman, cryptographic hashing, digital signatures, phpMyAdmin, RAID, ZFS, NFS, Samba, OpenVPN, DNS, DHCP, NAT, iptables, IPsec, routing, LACP, VLAN switching, RADIUS, REST and SOAP APIs, Microsoft Office suite.
An IT solutions firm focused on developing network security software designed specifically for K-12 school districts. Products include an AI adaptive web filter and a comprehensive, teacher-controlled mobile device manager, serving thousands of school districts and millions of users.Senior Systems Engineer, May 15th, 2017 - Present
- Migrated a complex system of on-premise servers and applications to AWS.
- Implement solutions for automated continuous integration and delivery of applications.
- Write and maintain Chef infrastructure code for complex web applications.
- Design, implement, maintain, and provide support for a highly available, secure, and durable environment for HashiCorp Vault on AWS using S3, Terraform, and Consul.
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure maximum uptime of customer-facing and internal services.
Epicom Corporation (now UpCurve Cloud)
A technology solutions firm focused on consulting and executing complex CRM and Marketing Automation deployments, customizations and integrations for a wide variety of clients in multiple industries. Approximately 100 clients with 3000 users.Software Engineer, August 10th, 2015 - May 12th, 2017
- Responsible for all network systems and administration. Improved overall performance by 50% and hardened network security by redesigning and implementing new configurations and methods.
- Appointed by the CEO to lead all security efforts. Responsible for all security policy creation, tool selection, risk review and governance as well as firewall reconfiguration and elimination of potential risks.
- Team lead on the company DevOps effort providing architecture design and strategic direction as well as fostering regular communications between development, operations and QA functions.
- Assisted the sales staff in gathering requirements, designing integrations, security configurations, network connectivity and implementations for new and existing clients for the SugarCRM (Customer Relationship Management) application.
- Developed integrations with client systems and other 3rd party applications to yield a streamlined, easy to use solution for the client.
- Analyzed, defined, and developed a custom integration between internal MySQL databases and Trello to improve internal project management accuracy and tracking.
- Collaborated with almost all of the company's clients on a variety of technical configuration, data transfer and integrity, integrations, and general user support issues.
- Formed a cross functional group for evaluating internal user needs. Led analysis, review and selection of new technologies to solve business problems.
- Provided analysis and architecture direction on a variety of other efforts, in all phases of development (Define, Design, Test, QA, Production) as needed.
- Active in various multi-media company culture and civil service events on an ongoing basis.
University of Texas at Austin - ITS Networking
Information Technology Services Networking department for one of the largest universities in the country with roughly 51,000 students and 22,000 employees.Enterprise Network Engineer, May 27th, 2013 - August 4th, 2018
- Employed part time for 2 years when enrolled and offered a full-time position after graduation.
- Created a real-time alerting system to notify IT staff of hosts that consume over threshold bandwidth. Limits are configurable and can be tuned on the fly.
- Created heat map of all wireless device locations on campus using Google Maps API. The map is used for analytics and redesign of wireless infrastructure to better serve users in high volume areas.
- Assisted end users with wireless connectivity issues and handled an average of 50 support calls per day.
- Participated in team building and service events at UT Austin including continued participation in student organizations as an advisor after graduation.
University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- Graduated May 2015.
- Specialized undergraduate coursework: Network Security and Privacy, Real World Information Security, Data Management, Information Assurance, Computer Networks, Cryptography.
- Founder of the “Information and Systems Security Society” at UT, a student organization that focuses on information security. Published white papers and gave multiple presentations on topics such as WiFi security, IPv4 address exhaustion and IPv6, 802.11, SQL injection, and Tor.
- Led a team to 2nd place out of 40 schools in the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (2012).
L D. Bell High School
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Graduated May 2011.